Live chat shut down
jimmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, I find even the Community Forum very difficult to navigate. I am probably in the incorrect forum, but could not locate another one with a "New Message" button, so hopefully someone here may at least direct me to the correct place for my issue, which is--

I was in the middle of a Live Chat session about a billing issue when the whole session ended. What do I do? I had given the agent my email address, in case the session ended abruptly, but have received no acknowlegement of the shut down.

0 Likes
Re: Live chat shut down
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try it again?

Could have been a network glitch.

jimmo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Re: Live chat shut down[ New ]

Did you try it again?

Could have been a network glitch.

Hello CRob:

Yes I did try to initiate a new chat sesion after that initial failure, a few more times.

I am still unsure why the chat session shut down, and also why the agent with whom I was chatting didn't even make any attempt to re-contact me, especially given I was aksed for my email address (and, presumably, since it is also my telephone provider, Verizon did not just call me back, since they should certainly have my phone number).

I suspect I was chatting with some outsourced customer service agent.

It is possible Verizon Chat has an automatic shut-off time in the evenings (which is when my session was begun). But even so, one would think it rude to end an already-begun chat session.

Anyway, I thank you for your reply, the only one who even bothered to do so in this community forum. I have since resolved my original problem by other means anyway.

I am still curious about that chat session ending, though, as one previous time I had a succesful interaction with it.

Than you again. I will try to "kudo" you (if I may locate it) for making the effort.

By the way, are these messages just private between you and me?

JM

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No., everything here is open to all forum members.

Not sure why you had problems . I have used chat before and not had it close.

On the other hand, I have found twitter to be more helpful.

Hit them up @verizonsupport

Not as real time as chat, but I find them to be more equipped to handle technical issues.

jimmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not a Tweeter/Twitterer. Actually, I have never figured out how to even use that system. But I dislike forms of communication, anyway, which impose character limits and encourage superficiality. 

Emails and public forum postings (but with the option to send private messages) are my preferred methods of online communication.

I can also deal with live chat sesions if I have to. In a way, they are synonymous to telephone calls, except by script instead of audble.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Their twitter support will start with just tweets. But will move to pm and chat as necessary. I just had them resolve a problem for me., after a few tweets, they then sent me a pm with a live chat to continue troubleshooting. It eventually required a tech dispatch, but I found the experience much easier than waiting on the phone for an available tech. And their support is quite knowledgeable on Twitter.

0 Likes
Fios2005

It depends on your browser.  I was using Internet Explorer, and it kicked me out several time (session time-out).  Try to use Google Chrome to solve this problem.

0 Likes