Love our customers - think again
sopo2469
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.5 years a loyal Verizon customer, home and wireless.  Not one time missing a payment.  Today I call to downgrade my account to internet only.   I am not under contract we currently have phone, internet and tv.  Thanks for Covid the time has come to cut corners.  I talked with a customer service rep on line quoted me $90 for 100 Mpbs, huh that can't be right.  She gave me the 800 # to call after 15 minutes and another $90 quote they come back and offer me a wonderful price of $74.00.  Again, wth!$*&@    I said I can purchase it on the website for 39 and that is 200 mpbs.  But as a loyal customer I can get slower speed for $90.  The rep. hung up on me.  I cannot believe this is the type of service to expect from Verizon.  I have a business wireless plan and am now reconsidering why am I using them for that service.  Unbelievable.  I'm sure Xfinity will be happy to have me as a customer.  Thanks Verizon! Bye-bye.

0 Likes
Re: Love our customers - think again
jonjones1
Legend

Kind of confused on what you are writing but.....

when you have a set service like a double or triple play the pricing is given on what you selected. For discussion only, say phone, internet and tv are $100 a month. Now you are not a new customer so there will be or may have been increases in pricing in those 8.5 years and now you pay that increase. For discussion only again, say now $125 so you decide that having all three services is too much.

you call and say I want to get rid of one or more services. Now the pricing changes. But not down but upwards. Wow so you call in to find out why but are told you cannot get new user pricing. New pricing on internet for new customers is $40 but you are not new so the price is much higher. It happens all the time. Even cable raises their rates sometimes twice a year. Internet not too often and there are no taxes or surcharges on it.

you could leave Fios and come back as new customer in 30-60 days. Or wait for the Verizon sales pitches to get you back.

you will not get really low pricing when down grading. It’s a shame.

0 Likes
sopo2469
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get that I’m not entitled to the new customer pricing.  My contract has expired so I’m not asking to get out of a bundle deal. $90/month for 100 mbps vs $40 a month for 200 mbps  Over double for less speed?   When I leave Verizon it won’t be to come back as a new customer.  Who has time for that! 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The bundle if in contract or not is still based on all three services.

I know Verizon offers a mix and match deal. You might check that out.

and new customer pricing is or will be available after you leave in 30/60 days. Gigabyte internet is $75 a month. But that offer may be withdrawn at anytime.

0 Likes