Low hanging Fios wire
Digger425

In front of our house is a Fios terminal box that serves our immediate neighborhood.  About two weeks ago a Fios line was strung across our driveway and it is hanging precariously low.  It prevents delivery trucks from making deliveries.  Last week a firm refused to make a delivery because the driver was concerned about his truck striking the low hanging wire.  Last weekend a dump truck making a delivery of lawn care products refused to dump his load in our driveway for fear of hitting the low hanging wire.  This is very frustrating and presents a substantial hardship for me and a potential danger to the public, not to mention the wire being pulled down and Verizon having an unhappy Fios customer out of service and an emergency call to answer.

Would you please have a technician take a look at the problem.  All that is required is for a technician to pull the slack out of the line or if he/she is really unmotivated, to  raise it to a heavy communications cable that runs parallel to the subject line and attach it to the cable with some tape or a zip tie.

Having worked for a utility for nearly 30 years I am tempted to put a ladder against the cable and make the adjustment myself but the era of my climbing ladders or putting on my hooks has passed me by.

Thank you in advance for the timely attention I know you will afford this dangerous condition.  

0 Likes
Re: Low hanging Fios wire
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes