Mac Safari not compatible with browser unless 5.0
Stet1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched to Verizon.  I have MAC OS X 10.4  and Safari 4.1.   I told them when I signed up that I used a MAC and Verizon never told me that I would be using an unsupported browser that Verizon does not support.   They now tell you to use a supported browser, e.g.,  firefox or Chrome which also do not support my system.   What Now?  

Re: Mac Safari not compatible with browser unless 5.0
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Short of upgrading to the latest MacOS (I don't think this is possible since you are probably not running an Intel-based Mac) or installing Linux to your machine, you can try running this program:

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

It's a fork of the Firefox source code for versions 4 and 5 that is meant to work on old versions of OS X. Give it a shot.

0 Likes
SUPERLARIO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not altogether sure what your problem is. MAC Safari is a browser. What is it not compatible with ?

Just to let you know I am running the following with FIOS for probably 2 years now.

PPC G5 tower - OS 10.4.11  /  Firefox 3.6.22  /  Safari 3.0.4

No problems of any sort - certainly no compatability issues.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
broadway_al

I'm running Safari 5.1.9 and I'm constantly told to upgrade to Safari 6. Trying to navigate around the Verizon website is like being on a Windows machine constantly going back to a page where I'm told I have to sign in (even though I'm already signed in. 

I've been stuck with Verizon for over 10 years and have upgraded to their fastest most expensive DSL service available and it's miserable when I try and watch a stream on Netflix. Streaming messages from Netflix is constantly telling me that my connection is slow and then repeatedly "Rebuffering".

0 Likes