Misinformed by Verizon Rep
RogerRuu

I recently cancelled my Verizon subscription. I had a chat with one of your reps for advice on when the best time would be to cancel it and a month later now it turns out that she gave me bad advice.  

I was told that the billing is done in advance. I asked her if the bill I paid on 09/20/2016 was for October and the rep said "yes". I cancelled my service on October 26, 2016 because I was told if I cancel before november starts I won't have to pay the bill due October 25th. 

It turns out that I was lied to and that the bill due on October 25th is for October 1-31st. 

Shouldn't your representatives have some accountability for providing misinformation?

I saved the chat where I was told this false information. Is there anything I can do or anyone I would be able to show that could do something about this and make it right?

0 Likes
Re: Misinformed by Verizon Rep
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RogerRuu,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues please contact Verizon during regular business hours.

0 Likes
Re: Misinformed by Verizon Rep
RogerRuu

My intention was to see if anyone had familiar experiences and if they could advise me in anyway. Or just have confirmation that there is nothing I'd be able to do and that verizons reps aren't accountable for false information they provide to customers but rather it's the customers who are responsible for trusting inaccurate information given to them by verizon employees. 

If it's the latter and it'll just be swept under the rug. I'll take the clock to the jaw and be on my way.

0 Likes