Switch Account

Misled by Salesman - FIOS cancellation fee

Misled by Salesman - FIOS cancellation fee

Highlighted
Contributor whalefree
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(485 Views)

Sad to see posts like mine all over the internet. Even more sad that I didn't see them before I switched to Verizon. This past April I switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS. At the time I was apprehensive about signing a 2 year contract, knowing that I likely wouldn't be in the same are for that long. I was assured by both the home salesman and customer service that, if I moved to an area they didn't service, I wouldn't be charged an early cancellation fee. Now I am moving, and the only thing Verizon offers in the area is home phone service. Since I am moving into a parsonage, the phone line is already provided from the church, so I have no need for another home phone line. Talked to Dave in customer service today, and he informed me that I am facing a $125 early cancellation fee, since they do "technically" still offer service in that area, even though I made it clear when I signed up that I had no interest in any services other than internet. So my choices are either to pay a $125 early cancellation fee or $20/month + setup fees for a home phone that I don't need. Terrible customer service Verizon... 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Employee
Employee
Message 2 of 2
(375 Views)

Hi Whalefree,

Would you mind sending this post to me in a private message along with your account details so I can investigate this for you?

~Jess

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.