More CMR malarky
JS09

I have scowered the Fios forums and see that Verizon has a definite and reoccuring problem with not burying the Fiber Optic lines. My story goes like this. I was raking some gravel out in my backyard and surprise! a Fiber line less than an inch under then gravel. Long story short, line was severed, tech came dropped a temporary line, a week later a "new" line was installed. 5 weeks later, I owe CMR almost $200. Apparently common sense does not prevail with the installers/line buriers OR Fios. Fios and CMR say I am required by law to call 811 when moving/grading/removing dirt.

I could rant all day about this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fios contact me about this.

0 Likes
Re: More CMR malarky
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JS09,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes