More memory for STB
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I heard that there is going to be a HD DVR STB (Set Top Box) with 320 GB of memory coming out in the first quarter of next year.Between jan.2010- march 2010.

0 Likes
Re: More memory for STB
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

I heard that there is going to be a HD DVR STB (Set Top Box) with 320 GB of memory coming out in the first quarter of next year.Between jan.2010- march 2010.

BigggFuzzyG,

You are correct in stating that Verizon's next-gen STB's will offer more memory.  However, I don't believe that's what you mean to say.  The next-gen DVR's will double their memory from 256MB to 512MB (think RAM for a PC).  This will increase the STB's ability to multi-task and handle more intensive programming and commands.

I believe that what you are referring to (and are ultimately interested in) is storage or hard drive capacity.  Currently, Verizon DVR's come with 160GB of storage.  There is yet to be any confirmation as to how much storage the next-gen DVR's will include.  I can't imagine that they would come with any less than that.  However, I just can't promise at this time that they will come with anymore.

I'll keep you posted as more information becomes availalable to us.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Is there a time frame for this?

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any new info about the STB's yet? WHen? Will it cost extra?

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I don't understand, Verizon has been talking about a new HD DVR Box since the end of last year. And still no update yet. But {please keep your posts courteous} comes out with a new HD DVR box out-of-nowhere. Can someone tell me something here at Verizon? A date, A rumor, or something word of mouth. Thanks

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

It seems I was right about a new box coming out all along. The QIP7232 and 7200. Are already out in some markets. The 7232 is supposed to have 500GB of memory. But when is it going to be availible in my market? I need one.

Check it out for yourself:http://www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions/US-EN/Products-and-Services/Video-Consumer-Premise-Equipment...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they are going to be 500 GB HD DVR's

that means roughly:

SD : 298.6 hours
HD : 71.2 hours

They are being deployed in very limited markets and are not being widely distributed,  they are not in retail locations (or shouldn't be) they should be more widely distributed before the end of the year, and probably by the end of the month.  If you Follow the Fios Twitter guy he said that verizon will make a website where you can request new equipment or the larger capacity drives when they become available.  Follow the fios twitter guy for more info on that.  .

These dvr's are already on verizon official pages.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/User%20Guides/User%20Guides.htm

Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR
Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR

Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR
Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR
User Guide PDF icon

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

You have to log into tv central and then try that link, it is working for me today, I put in a request, don't know how long it will take to get obviously, but you can make the request today.

Coming Soon!
Verizon FiOS DVR Storage Expansion
Can't get enough of your FiOS DVR?
Pretty soon, you'll have the chance to get even more! That is, more DVR storage space so you can record more of your favorite movies and shows.

We're currently in the process of developing options to increase your existing DVR storage capacity, which will be ready early next year.

If you want to be updated when these options become available in your area, please fill out the information below.

Yes, please contact me as expanded FiOS DVR storage options are available. I understand there is no obligation at this time and that I will be contacted with packages, pricing, and terms as soon as they are available. Please contact me at: