quick menu

Moving Power Supply for ONT Box

Moving Power Supply for ONT Box

Contributor meganv
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(144 Views)

I’m moving to a new home. I found the ONT box mounted in the basement but the power supply is mounted to a rafter in another room in the basement. The power supply and ONT box are both functional. But the power supply is mounted near an outlet that will have to be used for my washer and dryer setup. 

I have Verizon tech coming out to hook everything up. Can the tech simply move the power supply near the ONT and plug the power supply into a nearby outlet? 

2 REPLIES
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3
(92 Views)

I can’t imagine that would be a problem. I would just ask the technician when they get there. 

The best thing would be to have an outlet place need the ONT so the power supply is near the ONT. 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 3 of 3
(76 Views)

You can probably do it yourself.

May have long cable left over, but no reason you can't unplug power supply and plug it back in another location.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios