Moving from NJ to CA (out of FIOS service area)
adiboss007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

I am currently in New Jersey with a one year FIOS contract (ends 03/2010). Unfortunately, I am moving to an address in California that is not serviced by FIOS - I checked it here http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/checkbyaddress/.

What is the best way to resolve this problem ? I read some posts on this forum that say there won't be an early termination fee in this case ? 

Also, if there any specific customer service number I need to contact ? I tried the general FIOS service number 1-800-837-4966 and reached billing and payments. From there, I was transferred to the California service number and then to another number (after which I hung up) because no one seemed to know what to do in this case.

Thanks for your help,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving from NJ to CA (out of FIOS service area)
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

As long as you are moving from a verizon serviced area to a non verizon area, you will not be held to your contract. Now if the area that you are moving to is serviced by verizon (fios or DSL) they will expect you to keep verizon.

Either way, all you should have to do is contact CS (1-800-688-2880). If you are moving to a non Verizon area, they will just cancel your service. No termination fee. If you are moving to an area that is serviced by Verizon (even if it is only DSL), They will likely require you to remain with them for the life of your contract and they will "move" your service to the new location.

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

As long as you are moving from a verizon serviced area to a non verizon area, you will not be held to your contract. Now if the area that you are moving to is serviced by verizon (fios or DSL) they will expect you to keep verizon.

Either way, all you should have to do is contact CS (1-800-688-2880). If you are moving to a non Verizon area, they will just cancel your service. No termination fee. If you are moving to an area that is serviced by Verizon (even if it is only DSL), They will likely require you to remain with them for the life of your contract and they will "move" your service to the new location.

adiboss007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello spacedebris,

Thanks for your help ! I called the number you mentioned, selected "Disconnect my service", talked to a rep, explained the situation and obtained a confirmation number. I confirmed with the rep that there will not be any early termination fee in this case.

adiboss007

0 Likes
nako26
Do they offer any verizon services at your new address?  I'm in the same predicament and they are pretty much forcing me to continue my landline service or else I'd get hit with the $199 early termination fee. 
0 Likes
adiboss007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nako26,

Verizon does not offer any services at my new address.

-a

0 Likes
nsipod

Im in the same boat.  I tried calling 5 times and still no one is willing to waive it.  What can I do?

0 Likes