Moving service
SPP2

I am considering moving (I live in NYC) at the end of April, but am worried about continuity of service wit the current covid19 situation. I am working from home, so Internet access is very important (for everyone else, too, I am sure).

Does anyone know how Fios is currently handling service moving to a different address? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Moving service
upsetcustomer22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm waiting to speak to a tech tomorrow, but currently my install was moved to December for a move I requested in May.  This is on a house where the prior owners were already using Verizon, and Verizon connections are already hooked up in the house.

I'm currently stuck, because I can't logistically get another provider to service our house.  I likely will not receive any internet service at the house at this rate.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon techs are currently not entering homes due to Covid-19.  Depending on the model of ONT and how its connected determines if service can be turned on without a tech visit.

Your best bet is to ask Verizon what their system shows for the new location.  You can do that through their social media team, reachable through @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  While you can get some helpful recommendations here, only Verizon can tell you what they will or will not do.

0 Likes
WindyTroy

Nope, I don't know more about this moving service. But as an enthusiastic, I would like to learn more. 

0 Likes