Multi Room DVR Credit Free For Life
Falcon123

I signed up with Verizon over 7 years ago and was given a free multi room DVR credit free for life ($19.99 discount). Each bill that I have always recieved has shown the credit and stated that it is complementary and does not expire. Just a few weeks ago I reached out to Verizon customer service to renew my contract and was told that the discount no longer was available. After a painful hour plus on the phone and being put on hold over 10 times I decide to not renew at that time. When I logged onto my account it then showed an expiration date which was clearly just adjusted by the rep I was working with. Long story short I decided to renew my contract and no longer receiving the credit which was free for life as long as I did not cancel service.

Anyone else ever get cheated out of this credit? My opinion is this is a unfair business practice.

0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVR Credit Free For Life
freddonaldson1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happebned to me in the Fall last year. Now, my dvr doesn't even work and I am fighting to get a replacement - hopefully tomorrow. It keeps rebooting after reloading.

0 Likes
rdlaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing happened to me.  I am in the process of renewing my contract and I just noticed that they are removing my free DVR credit.  When I signed up 8 years ago, I received a promotion for a "Free DVR for Life", not a free DVR for as long as we (Verizon) decide you should have it.  I am so disappointed in the way Verizon treats its long term customers.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I would file a charge at your states attorney generals office for the “life” portion of your service. 

Also file aditional charges and complaints at your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search.

also file another complaint at http://www.fcc.gov which i am sure they would love to hear about. Make sure you have proof of the for life deal.

0 Likes
AngryFIosCust

Yes this happened to me in August.  After I renewed my contract, and asked for a better price, I didn't realize the better price was because they were also removing my DVR function. It's really terrible, because the online service rep told me everything was staying the same, but when I checked after the new contact started - No DVR.  So now I have no DVR.  I spent hours on the phone and chat, and they simply don't care. I'm now waiting for the next Optimum/Cablevision salesman to show up at my door and offer me a chance to switch.  Verizon, if this is the way you treat your long term customers then it really sucks.

0 Likes
ITtech1

Yep, sure did. Just today. Free for life my **bleep**. They told me it was no longer available on any package, and if I renewed, I'd have to pay. They've always been able to adjust my contract to credit it but now refuse to do so. And agreeing to another contract did nothing to help my rate. My rate went up just after my last contact expired, and now that I've renewed it, it's still at the same increased rate that it jumped to just after the last contact expired. Been with Verizon for 10 yrs and they no longer seem to care about the existing customer base. Only new business. Cable companies are the poster children of price gouging.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes