Switch Account

Multi Room DVR Credit Free For Life

Multi Room DVR Credit Free For Life

Contributor Falcon123
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(977 Views)

I signed up with Verizon over 7 years ago and was given a free multi room DVR credit free for life ($19.99 discount). Each bill that I have always recieved has shown the credit and stated that it is complementary and does not expire. Just a few weeks ago I reached out to Verizon customer service to renew my contract and was told that the discount no longer was available. After a painful hour plus on the phone and being put on hold over 10 times I decide to not renew at that time. When I logged onto my account it then showed an expiration date which was clearly just adjusted by the rep I was working with. Long story short I decided to renew my contract and no longer receiving the credit which was free for life as long as I did not cancel service.

Anyone else ever get cheated out of this credit? My opinion is this is a unfair business practice.

3 REPLIES 3
Copper Contributor freddonaldson1
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(891 Views)

Same thing happebned to me in the Fall last year. Now, my dvr doesn't even work and I am fighting to get a replacement - hopefully tomorrow. It keeps rebooting after reloading.

Contributor rdlaub
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(687 Views)

Same thing happened to me.  I am in the process of renewing my contract and I just noticed that they are removing my free DVR credit.  When I signed up 8 years ago, I received a promotion for a "Free DVR for Life", not a free DVR for as long as we (Verizon) decide you should have it.  I am so disappointed in the way Verizon treats its long term customers.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(676 Views)

I would file a charge at your states attorney generals office for the “life” portion of your service. 

Also file aditional charges and complaints at your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search.

also file another complaint at http://www.fcc.gov which i am sure they would love to hear about. Make sure you have proof of the for life deal.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.