Multiroom DVR for Life.... I guess not!
dr_steve1

It happened to me also...  when upgrading my "TV package" online there went my Multiroom DVR for life credit....  even the prorated bill estimate included the credit but alas Verizon has sunk to a new low to delete it when past 2 yr promotions agreements continued it.  Of course, our phone complaint was handled by "I cannot provide a solution to this as that promotion is no longer available...."

since Verizon "locks out" responses to other complaints of this nature.... I note one customer's disatisfaction but cannot access how the company responded:

"   So I just got burned when I renewed my service for another 2 years.    Seems the deal I got when I switched to Verizon of multiroom DVR for life (well really -$19.99 regardless ofthe dvr service prive) was only true as long as I didn't renew my contract.    I renewed once with no problem, but in the recent renewal it was removed from my account.  When I called customer service I was told it would originally be put back but it was not add back to my account.   I called customer service again and I was told "discounts under old contracts are replaced by new promotions and don't carry forward."   Since it is no longer offered it was just removed.

Not sure what "for life" meant, guess it meant for the life of my original contract or until they wanted to get rid of it?   For those of you which have it, be aware it will go away if you renew.    I see it as a "bait and switch", but maybe thats just me.  Spent a while on the phone and there is nothing they could do about it.   Next renewal I think it is time to start looking around again.    Very disappointing!  "

Oh well,  I guess "as a valued customer and a loyal verizon subscriber"  has its limits... ie.  $19.95

SL  

0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR for Life.... I guess not!
jonjones1
Legend

Much like the term “unlimited “ ——limited data, internet. 

Up to interpretation.

normally “for life” means of a certain point. My life span, life of a contract w/extensions or w/o extensions and so on and so forth. You got the idea.

just check around for better services and then switch if you cannot get what you desire.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Steven, we apologize, however, as explained by Erika per her note on Feb 14th the Free for Life DVR was grandfathered Jan. 2017, once removed it can not be added back.  If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to return to the chat.  We thank you for choosing Verizon and appreciate your business. 

0 Likes