My FiOS App sending marketing notifications???
DDOhj4039hd
Enthusiast - Level 2

The My FiOS app sent me a notification to watch Game of Thrones by adding it to my package but my account explicitly exludes all marketing to me in my profile.  Why did this happen?  Are your marketing people not respecting our right to opt-out of marketing?

0 Likes
Re: My FiOS App sending marketing notifications???
jonjones1
Legend

@DDOhj4039hd wrote:

The My FiOS app sent me a notification to watch Game of Thrones by adding it to my package but my account explicitly exludes all marketing to me in my profile.  Why did this happen?  Are your marketing people not respecting our right to opt-out of marketing?

There are a few spots to opt out on your account page. However it may just be a tv notification like i get for hulu or amazon prime both send me nothing else.

0 Likes
DDOhj4039hd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Respectfully, there's only one place to opt out; it resides with me. I said no. That means no. If Verizon is going to make it in many places, that's on them, but I said no, right? I told the App (specifically) no. It violated those terms.

Will no one from Verizon answer? A community is pointless if only moderators are on and no one of value within the organization. It's a ruse.

Let's get proper service and proper responsibility for delegated duties on task.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The forum is customers helping other customers. The value is what a poster perceive to have been of value.

in the app settings on the phone their are ways of turning off notifications. I use an apple and it’s quite easy. The telling of an upcoming program is not marketing.

they are simply saying you may be interested in a upcoming program.

marketing is when they try and sell you something. Not a program listing.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes