My caller ID does not display. Help!
emily_s_phone

I have a dsl line and I am supposed to have caller ID. I have a phone which, before I switched to Verizon, was capable of caller ID on a regular, old-fashioned land line.

What's up with that? Do I have to call Verizon to have it fixed or something?

0 Likes
Re: My caller ID does not display. Help!
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@emily's.phone wrote:

I have a dsl line and I am supposed to have caller ID. I have a phone which, before I switched to Verizon, was capable of caller ID on a regular, old-fashioned land line.

What's up with that? Do I have to call Verizon to have it fixed or something?

I would recommend you call Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON, and follow the IVRU(Automated system) to get to Service Orders department. Ask the consultant whether Caller ID is on your profile. If it isn't then reques a service order be written to add it. If it is already on your account, then I recommend asking to be transferred to repair to investigate.  The repair consultant can further troubleshoot from there if the problem has not been resolved.

Thank you,
Harles

Message Edited by Jaime_Lee on 05-07-2009 08:08 AM
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Just so you know, a dsl line is an "old fashioned land line" that provide high speed internet service.

What changed with your service that you now don't have caller id? Did you already have Vz phone service and you added DSL? Were you with another carrier and you switched to Vz?

0 Likes
emily_s_phone
My previous phone service was provided by AT&T. I did not have dsl at the time. I switched to Verizon for dsl and phone service.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Caller ID is not on the account 😞 that's why its not working.

0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Harles wrote:
I would recommend you call Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON, and follow the IVRU(Automated system) to get to Service Orders department. Ask the consultant whether Caller ID is on your profile. If it isn't then request a service order be written to add it. If it is already on your account, then I recommend asking to be transferred to repair to investigate.  The repair consultant can further troubleshoot from there if the problem has not been resolved.

Thank you,
Harles

0 Likes