My deceased mother in law's and deceased father's vmail deleted by Verizon . . .
HSWHITE

10/3 - I call Verizon to order iPhone 11 pro.  Told I would have to go to store or online to purchase outright.  Asked rep about changing my plan as other mobile companies advertising great rates for unlimited data.  Rep told me I could switch to prepaid plan to get more data. Didn't tell me that all vmails for my husband and I would be deleted in doing so.  My mother-in-law passed away recently and my husband had voice mails from her that he had saved.  I had vmail saved from my deceased father.  Poof - gone.  Needless to say, my husband and I were devastated.

I call Verizon again later in the day to ask if there is anyway vmails can be retreived.  I am told possibly, but it will take 5 days.

10/9 - call to check on vmail restoration.  Rep tells me I have to speak with another department and transfers me.  Speak with another rep who is not able to see where a ticket was opened for my first request.  He opens a ticket and assures me repeatedly he will be able to restore voice mails, but it will take 5 days.

10/21 - call to check on vmail restoration.  Speak with rep who tells me this is not possible and the last two reps should not have said it was a possibility.  

Why am I writing this you ask?  1.  To provide feedback to someone other than the first tier support asking that rep training be reviewed (niave I may be thinking anyone in Verizon management may participate on these boards).  Reps should disclose plainly that voicemails will be deleted and a new online account will need to be setup when moving from post to pre paid account.  If I had known, I would have made a different decision (and I still can't access my account online as "my verizon is temporarily unavailable" everytime I log in on a computer).  2.  Because maybe, just maybe, someone on here may know of a way to restore the voicemails from an archive.

0 Likes
Re: My deceased mother in law's and deceased father's vmail deleted by Verizon . . .
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes