My ongoing terrible experience with Verizon.
egulbran
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me start from the very beginning. On May 24th 2013 I moved from apartment #814 to apartment #1611 in my current building. Being the organized individual that I am I called verizon about 2 to 3 weeks prior to my move to schedule a technician for that day to come transfer my service. Seems simple enough, its not.

On my 23rd, I recieved my first reschedule call from verizon. They informed me that they were having "engineering" issues and that my new date for a technician would be June 15th. Well thats just ridiculous, I planned on calling them tomorrow to get everything sorted out. To my astonishment Verizon called me the next day before I could call them. I assumed they were calling to correct their mistake, however, i was flabergasted to find out that they couldnt install my fios on June 15th but would need to reschedule to June 30th. One thing I forgot to mention, was that in both cases, these were messages left on my answering machine, where mind you, Verizon had the wrong apartment number.

I got home that night and called Verizon. After spending over a half an hour on the phone with the customer service representative, they asked what time it was where lived (ridiculous considering they have my address). After telling them the time I was informed there was nothing they could do as the offices in my area were closed. 

Now we get to the first good sign in an otherwise gloomy story. The next day i spoke on the phone to a wonderful woman who promised to help me. After she was locked out of changing my address by the verizon system she decided she would just cancel the order and place a new one. I wasnt super pleased about this as i would now have to sign up for a 2 year contract instead of just continuing with my old one, but I need the service so i agreed. She fixed my address and set me up for a technician to come out to my apartment on June 5th. FInally some good news.

Guess what? on June 4th I receive a call from verizon informing me that they would need to reschedule for June 11th. Ugh again, this is getting to be absurd. Little did i know it was just the beginning. 

On June 9th, i got a call from Verizon confirming my appointment for June 11th from 1-5. On June 10th i got a call from Verizon confirming my appointment for June 11th from 1-5. On June 11th i took a half day from work and sat at my appartment starting at 12:30pm.

At around 4:30pm i decided to call Verizon and check the status of the techician. After 20 or so minutes on the phone with the customer service representative I was told that there are notes on my account that someone was supposed to call me that morning to reschedule my appointment for the 24th of June. 

Unbelievable, now not only had Verizon reschedule my appointment for the fifth time. But they forgot to call me costing me time that I would otherwise be paid for. So after calmly expressing my frustration I decide to try and work with the customer service representative to figure out what is going on and why i keep getting rescheduled. 

We spent about an hour on the phone with her talking to the service people in my area and then relaying the message to me (verizon wont let you talk to the service center directly). The reason they kept giving was "engineering" and they need to install fios in the area. 

I have a couple problems with this accessment. Number one, I had fios that worked just fine in my apartment 8 floors down. It worked up to the day they turned it off. Now, why couldnt a technician just turn it back on in a different apartment? I had all of the equipment already. Number 2, if they are working on the system, does everyone in my building lose fios? Do they just have the old version? Frankly, hook me up with that old stuff, i dont care, i just want some internet. Number 3, maybe fios isnt in the whole building? nope, you would be wrong again, it is. All of my neighbors on my floor seem to have great working fios. Why just my apartment.

Anyway, my troubles still continue as I am now scheduled to have a technician come out on June 24th. My one month aniversary without service. Thanks for the wonderful present Verizon. I hope you dont stand me up, again...

Re: My ongoing terrible experience with Verizon.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: My ongoing terrible experience with Verizon.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello egulbran,

We are closing out your private support case as resolved. We were able to get the installation completed and your services up and running. Please let us know in the public thread if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience while we got this resolved for you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes