My triple play expires 4/2010, can I sign up for current $89.99 deal offered?
jabcxyz

I received a letter from Verizon saying that my current two year deal expires in April and my bill will go up to $119.99 a month.  I'd like to stay with Verizon but only if I can get the $89.99 deal they are offering now.  Why would I pay $30 more a month or $360 more a year for the same service?  Does anyone know if I'm eligible for the 89 plan, even though I'm already a customer?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: My triple play expires 4/2010, can I sign up for current $89.99 deal offered?
prisaz
Legend

@jabcxyz wrote:

I received a letter from Verizon saying that my current two year deal expires in April and my bill will go up to $119.99 a month.  I'd like to stay with Verizon but only if I can get the $89.99 deal they are offering now.  Why would I pay $30 more a month or $360 more a year for the same service?  Does anyone know if I'm eligible for the 89 plan, even though I'm already a customer?

Thanks

Read the print at the price listing that says New Verizon Customers. Best you could do is call and haggle with them, perhaps ask about dropping services. I have read where some pople have had them be flexible and offer something. Otherwise you will need to pay the current bundle price without the discount. Even though the add says online discount.

0 Likes
Re: My triple play expires 4/2010, can I sign up for current $89.99 deal offered?
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, definitely haggle with them. My friend's 2 year bundle expired last month and she got Cox's best deal and negotiated w/ Fios from there. It works.

0 Likes
dannie_k
Enthusiast - Level 3

If people would read the fine print on these ads then they wouldn't have to wonder. It clearly states new customers for that $89.99 discount price.

...If you had phone service .. you could upgrade to FIOS and get that promo because of adding NEW FIOS TV/INTERNET. You are existing ..call CS to see what deals are for existing. (and I am not using caps in a bad manner.. it's just a habit..to show the key words, oops..lol) I read the fine print on everything. Most of the knowledge comes from research, heck, it's even on this site.

prisaz
Legend

@dannie_k wrote:

If people would read the fine print on these ads then they wouldn't have to wonder. It clearly states new customers for that $89.99 discount price.

...If you had phone service .. you could upgrade to FIOS and get that promo because of adding NEW FIOS TV/INTERNET. You are existing ..call CS to see what deals are for existing. (and I am not using caps in a bad manner.. it's just a habit..to show the key words, oops..lol) I read the fine print on everything. Most of the knowledge comes from research, heck, it's even on this site.

There is an online discount of $5 for existing customers that select a bundle online. But it would not let me select a new bundle online unless it was the $140 Ultimate. To select the same bundle I have or a lower bundle I would need to call in thus not getting the $5 online discount. Only discount for an upgrade and not renewal, even though online chat said I should get the $5 for signing a new bundle agreement online. Not possible.

So the regular price for me to upgrade from Old Extreme to New $124.95 Extreme with faster 25/25 speed should be eligible for the discount and thus be available for $119.

0 Likes
dannie_k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow@ prisaz. That is really unfortunate. What bundle do you have? I think online promos differ than the ones that the CS have. I wish Verizon would honor those online discounts. It's confusing and I would be so frustrated.  I won't tell you to call Customer Service since they'll say, "We don't honor online promotions..blah..blah.. blah." Keep holding out til a better promo comes along.

0 Likes