Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

My verizon iPhone was unlocked, but it still says invalid sim?

SOLVED
teddypicker52
Contributor
Contributor

My verizon iPhone was unlocked, but it still says invalid sim?

Message 1 of 2
(3,452 Views)

Hi all,

I'm studying abroad in Sydney Australia currently, and brought an iPhone 4S from the US with me to use as my phone. My carrier was verizon and I was told in order to unlock a verizon iPhone you have to call a number. So I emailed my dad and had him call verizon to do that, in which they said the phone was now unlocked. Okay great, so I pop in my sim card and it says invalid sim. I've had that issue for about 4 days, and then someone told me I need to factory reset my iPhone in order to complete the unlock process. I did that through iTunes and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My verizon iPhone was unlocked, but it still says invalid sim?

Message 2 of 2
(3,437 Views)

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My verizon iPhone was unlocked, but it still says invalid sim?

Message 2 of 2
(3,438 Views)

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title