Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Net Neutrality to be violated by Verizon.

SOLVED
vumadave
Contributor
Contributor

Net Neutrality to be violated by Verizon.

Message 1 of 6
(4,374 Views)

It would be interesting if CEO Ivan G. Seidenberg gets wind of any of our comments.  However, I am only a Verizon customer

of not much worth to him.  Yet, I am distressed to learn that Verizon and Google are about to violate the principle of Net Neutrality.

If they do enact a multi-tiered system, where the more you pay, the better access you have  to the Internet, I my family will remove contact with Verizon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Net Neutrality to be violated by Verizon.

Message 5 of 6
(4,162 Views)

Gotta go with somegirl on this one.  I wrote a post on this topic elsewhere on this forum explaining Net Neutrality and what the discussions going on really meant (let's just say, as usual, the non-technical types doing some of the reporting on this topic in the press are once again engaging in "gotcha" journalism without getting all the facts straight).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 2 of 6
(4,326 Views)

Cite your source, please.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(4,317 Views)

@somegirl wrote:

Cite your source, please.

Here is one link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/technology/05secret.html?hpw

Keller, TX 76248

somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(4,178 Views)

I'm much more in favor of official statements:

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2010/08/joint-policy-proposal-for-open-internet.html

An excerpt, for you:

Importantly, this new nondiscrimination principle includes a presumption against prioritization of Internet traffic - including paid prioritization. So, in addition to not blocking or degrading of Internet content and applications, wireline broadband providers also could not favor particular Internet traffic over other traffic. 

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 6
(4,163 Views)

Gotta go with somegirl on this one.  I wrote a post on this topic elsewhere on this forum explaining Net Neutrality and what the discussions going on really meant (let's just say, as usual, the non-technical types doing some of the reporting on this topic in the press are once again engaging in "gotcha" journalism without getting all the facts straight).

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 6 of 6
(756 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title