Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Net Neutrality

OldArmyGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Net Neutrality

Message 21 of 24
(514 Views)

They already did started implementing Net Neutrality. My CNN got so slow as well as my Amazon Movies. But when I Speedtest it, it says my speed is 50 mbps.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 22 of 24
(493 Views)

Probably a factor more of increased viewership (ie cord cutters) cuasing congestion vs net neutrality.

I believe providers ahve to state if/when they create unequal service.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
bfeist
Contributor
Contributor

Net Neutrality

Message 23 of 24
(379 Views)

If net neutrality is repealed, I expect my internet access to various offbeat sites to slow down.  I currently have one of Verizon's higher-speed FIOS connections; that won't be doing me much good jif the big names are getting preferred access.  So, I'll switch to a cheaper plan.

jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 24 of 24
(375 Views)

@bfeist wrote:

If net neutrality is repealed, I expect my internet access to various offbeat sites to slow down.  I currently have one of Verizon's higher-speed FIOS connections; that won't be doing me much good jif the big names are getting preferred access.  So, I'll switch to a cheaper plan.

This sky is falling syndrome happens every time they mention the repeal of it.

right now many states have put the kabosh on any type of implementation of net neutrality on services in NY. Your state may also have made a law stopping the carriers from doing it.

in fact many sources in the news are saying it will not be done until all the lawsuits are settled or dismissed. I don’t think there is any need to run around worrying.

just wait and see.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title