Re: Net Neutrality
OldArmyGuy

They already did started implementing Net Neutrality. My CNN got so slow as well as my Amazon Movies. But when I Speedtest it, it says my speed is 50 mbps.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably a factor more of increased viewership (ie cord cutters) cuasing congestion vs net neutrality.

I believe providers ahve to state if/when they create unequal service.

0 Likes
Net Neutrality
bfeist

If net neutrality is repealed, I expect my internet access to various offbeat sites to slow down.  I currently have one of Verizon's higher-speed FIOS connections; that won't be doing me much good jif the big names are getting preferred access.  So, I'll switch to a cheaper plan.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@bfeist wrote:

If net neutrality is repealed, I expect my internet access to various offbeat sites to slow down.  I currently have one of Verizon's higher-speed FIOS connections; that won't be doing me much good jif the big names are getting preferred access.  So, I'll switch to a cheaper plan.

This sky is falling syndrome happens every time they mention the repeal of it.

right now many states have put the kabosh on any type of implementation of net neutrality on services in NY. Your state may also have made a law stopping the carriers from doing it.

in fact many sources in the news are saying it will not be done until all the lawsuits are settled or dismissed. I don’t think there is any need to run around worrying.

just wait and see.

0 Likes