Switch Account

Network Extender

Contributor willyj
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(6,646 Views)

I am looking for editorial feedback.  Verizon charges a fee of $249.99 for a network extender in order to improve service within a residence.  The connectivity is back thru an ISP--not necessarily Verizon--because of Verizon's inferior signal strength.  This appears to be Verizon's way of adding infrastructure without paying for the capital equipment.  Any comments from the user community?

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor Barrister
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(6,524 Views)

I would like to hear this answer also from anyone that has the extender. Does it work. I have sporatic service at my house depending where you are standing.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(6,404 Views)

Is this a wireless extender, to expand wireless range?  

If that is teh case then that is not part of verizon's infrastructure.  Wireless is a tricky technology when it doesn't work properly, and there can be many interferer's causing low signal strength.  

All those interferers are a part of your house and the wireless environment in your house, which means it really should be your responsibility.    

imho

FYI -  you can purchase a Wireless N router, and piggy back it to your verizon router's for MUCH less than 250.

Probably even under 100 bux, and depending where you shop under 50 dollars

Contributor rpruess
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(6,308 Views)

I have been using he Verizon Network Extender for my Blackberry Storm since last March.  The in house bars increased from one or none to five.  The only problem I have (and it is bothersome) is the time delay between when I speak and when the other person hears.  If you have a fast talker on the other end you are constantly stepping on each others words.  (The delay is like listening to a CNN reporter in Iraq talking with the CNN anchor back in the States.)

The problem led me to put a land line phone back in my residence.  If anyone knows how to eliminate this time delay I would appreciate hearing it.  That would make this product perfect.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.