Never signed up for contract and now can't change service
socalappro

We recently moved to another apt (actually next door) I was told our old pricing of 94.99 for FIOS TV/Internet/Phone would not apply and would now be 115 plus tax. I accepted that and moved on. No mention of a contract renewel was discussed to either myself or my wife during separate calls about pricing.

Now we want to change our service to only internet which is still $55 per month but was told I can't with out paying a termination fee to a contract.

I never signed a contract nor was I told I would be signed up for one by default. In our previous apartment we had been told we needed to go online to agree to contract terms. I never went to the site and agreed. This time around I didn't go to the website and agree to a contract either. Verizon CSR tells me you no longer need to as of June 2009 as you are automatically assigned to a contract term.

Does anyone have a VP or management email address in which I can contact or any suggestions?

I cannot afford all three services and want to save some money. I can't afford a ETF either.

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Never signed up for contract and now can't change service
n0vA

I think that verizon considers a change of address to be a cancelation of one contract, and initiating new service as the beginning of a new contract.  And now that they have you on a new contract, they will probably charge you an ETF if you change your service.  Their business model tends to be somewhat predjudicial against their customers and they do not communicate the details of their plans or contracts very well.

0 Likes