New Order Installation Fee
kwkappe

Hello,

So I've signed up for the Quantum TV and 25/25 Internet plan. My issue has to do with one of the activation fees. I first spoke on the phone with an agent, which was my first mistake, and she walked me through the plans. I thanked her for the information and wanted to wait on it. She told me I could compete my order online and actually save money by getting free installation on my services. So later that night (this was the 22nd) I decided to spring for FIOS. I went online, used my saved cart code, ordered FIOS and picked my installation date of Sept. 29th. Well, I found out I couldnt be there for installation so I went back to call on the phone the next day, the 23rd. I spoke with a rep who couldnt access my file because it was still in an online pending status. So I went back into my online code and changed my service from two year contract to month-to-month contract and confirmed a new date of the Oct 1st installation date. On Monday, the 29th, I was worried that I hadn't received my confirmation code and wanted to confirm that we were still on as I need internet at the home for work purposes. The rep tells me that I don't have a confirmed order STILL. She was quite helpful but I think was handcuffed as to what could be done.

These were my two options:

1. Pay the 70.00 dollars installation fee of FIOS internet by confirming my order on the phone

2. Redo my order online, and get hit with another 7 day delay in getting my order installed with no actual verification that my order will be confirmed.

So I was forced to take the 70 dollars installation on a product I confirmed twice online but was unable to get confirmation from. I'm sure I did something to create a fatal flaw in the system. All I wanted to do was order online, but Verizon ordering online prevented me from doing it and has caused my delays in getting my service installed and now it's costing me an extra 70 dollars in the process.

0 Likes
Re: New Order Installation Fee
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes