New User Rant
rplates
Enthusiast - Level 1

**bleep** FIOS is such a great product.

But service needs some serious improvement. It is outright terrible.

Before I "complain" allow me to say: I understand that FIOS is a national corporation with tens of thousands of employees and service of this nature is complicated. That being said.....

It should be easy for customers to get help.

1) Phone menu system completely stinks. Do not force me to navigate something if I want to (or really need to) deal with a human being. Menus are too many levels deep. Voice recog is too slow and there is no easy way to tell your phone system I need to talk with a human. Corporate executives listen up !!!!!! You are telling me you don't care when you force me to "do it your way".

2) Humans that provide help are courteous but there is too much pass the buck because "another department handles that".

I have attempted to contact you for help on 5 occasions on all 5 occasions I spoke with more than 4 persons. Telling each person the same information to see if they could help me. These were local Americans so I knew there was no language barrier.

Corporate Executives: Train your people and motivate them to help. (And not by fear because fear does not work. Help them feel they have ownership of their jobs and they will be productive. Reward them for outstanding effort)

Employees: (Especially American ones.) I am American !!!! Based on what I feel like after experieincing your service efforts I am not surprised we Americans are losing our jobs to foreign competitors. Don't take it out on the customer if you are **bleep** off at your boss or no longer like working for Verizon (or perhaps working at all).

FIOS IS Awsome. You should be proud of it. I should not have to call on you but when I do, that is when I know you care.

I am starting to feel I made the wrong choice moving from Cable.

I challenge you to change my perception. Currently I feel your product although superior wont be worth it if I avoid calling for help when I need it. 

Re: New User Rant
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In regards to the phone menus, if you press 0 twice at the main menu (after the phone number verification part) or you say "Agent," it should send you straight to an agent.