No $300 visa gift card for me!
DrRivera
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to post this information for whoever is shopping for services and considers to get Verizon FiOS.

I signed up for Verizon FiOS because I had heard it was the fastest internet available. 

So far, that's not true. It's just as fast as slower cable speeds I had before.

I also chose Verizon because I did not want to deal with the Cable companies, which are famous for their crappy costumer service and horrible service in general.

Well, it turns out that Verizon is about the same as the Cable companies or worse.

When I signed up for Verizon FiOS, there was a promotion for a $300 Visa Prepaid Card. 

I waited patiently to be contacted, or to receive the card in the mail and nothing happened. After about five months, I decided to call costumer service only to find out that they had switched the $300 Visa Prepaid Gift card for a $30/month discount without my knowledge. 

Let me tell you, the promotion stated that I would pay a bit less than 100 dollars a month for service, and I would get a $300 Visa Prepaid card. That is not what happened!!! 

My monthly bill is a little bit over $140, and I got NO visa prepaid card.

As soon as my contract expires, I will get rid of FiOS.

I just don't understand why any company would do these shady things, knowing that the people they serve can simply disconnect the service as soon as the contract expires.

If their service were better, or if they had fulfilled their promises, I would not be as upset as I am.

The person on the phone told me that the confirmation email that I received when I signed up should say somewhere that I was given a monthly $30 discount INSTEAD of the visa prepaid card. I'm sorry, but that's not how you give that information to a costumer, if you want to keep that costumer happy, that is.

When you are expecting a card  it is only logical to be FURIOUS.

So, if anyone out there is looking to get TV/Internet service. Look somewhere else!!!!

Re: No $300 visa gift card for me!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We've closed your private support case per your request. We apologize for the trouble involved.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
patriciatoye

No gift card for me either!!  I was told I would get a VISA gift card for switching over from Comcast to Verizon back in April.  I logged in in June with the link and info from the post card and it didn't work so I called and was told to give it some more time to arrive.  I called back today 10/15/14 and was told that I don't even qualify for the git card!!!??!?!  

I am BEYOND furious.  I WILL be switching back to COMCAST asap and will never use Verizon again as this is my second major issue with Verizon.... 

Get everything in writing and don't believe a word verizon says..... they lie

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello patriciatoye

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes