No Longer able to sign-on to server using an FTP / help
dale001
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am no longer able to access the server to make changes to my web site that Verizon is hosting for me. I was able to before but ever since December, my FTP won't give me access to the server anymore. Did Verizon make changes? I even tried turning off my firewall and other FTP's, no luck.

0 Likes
Re: No Longer able to sign-on to server using an FTP / help
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

For personal web pages, they shut it down because they cliam FTP is not secure.

And yet what is weird/strange. If you pay extra for web space (non personal web pages) the problem of FTP not being secure goes away.

0 Likes
dale001
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, I'm a novice here, so what does that mean for me?

I have a web site that Verizon was hosting and can't make changes to it right now.

I need to.

Best and thanks.

0 Likes
dale001
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't figure out HOW to edit my all ready existing website using Verizon's Sitebuilder, since I didn't use Sitebuilder to create the site. I used Frontpage and uploaded it with an FTP application and now can't edit my site.

Can someone please tell me what I should be clicking in Sitebuilder?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While at this time I don't know how you can edit the webpages there, you can delete them.

Quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Info-on-Deleting-FTP-Files-from-Personal-Web-Space/td-p/3...

To All Who Need Files Deleted From PWS That Were Created Via FTP Transfer:

1. Do call Verizon High Speed Internet Tech Support at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
  2. Expect that the Technical Support Representative may not be familiar with the issue you are calling about, but they may be.  In any case, be polite as this is not their fault.
  3. If the representative is not familiar with the issue, do tell them that you already know that this issue must ultimately be resolved by the Operations Support Center and that all you are asking for is that a ticket be created to delete all files from your Verizon PWS.
  4. Make sure to state, and ask that they note in the session notes, that you clearly understand that the deleted files are unrecoverable/cannot be restored under any circumstances once they are removed.  I say this because during today's conversations I was told that my previous request was put "on hold" because the prior representative had not specifically covered this information and they had been unable to reach me afterward to confirm that I knew it.
  5. Specifically request an e-mail or phone verification that the deletion of the PWS files has been completed.
  6. Expect that the deletion will take between 24 to 48 hours to actually occur.
  7. Be prepared to call back and make the same request again if it does not occur.

I am honestly hoping that this will be the end of this seemingly endless saga.   You can be certain that I will report back if it is not.

I still cannot believe it has taken this much time and effort to have someone delete files that I created, whose content I own, and that I have directly requested be deleted.