No Refunds, Ever....
dkutzkey
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Wife and I closed our Verizon account in July of 2014. Today is June 17, 2015, I have recorded and documented every call, chat, bill, and email with Verizon. At first they said I didn't return my DVR on my August Bill. I contacted Verizon and the agent quickly was able to look up and find that, not only did they receive my DVR but it had already been issued to a new customer. He said my bill would be updated and I would recieve a new final bill in two to three weeks. Imagine my lack of surprise when I received the same bill a month later saying I hadn't returned my DVR and I owed exactly $181.79. The interesting part here is I also began receiving collections calls. When I spoke with the collection agency, they too found my DVR had been returned properly and received, they said I would not be contacted again by collections. They lied, the calls continued from both collections and Verizon demanding I pay them the outstanding balance. This is when my telephone crusade really began. I started calling financial services every month and sending follow up emails. To date I have made 12 calls, sent 14 emails, been hung up on 6 times by billing agents and now I'm trying a new venue! I filed a complaint with BBB on 3/27/15. I have never received a final bill, I can see by logging in over the last three months that my account has been showing a credit balance of around $400, which is still incorrect. I'm wondering where the madness ends? Verizon has not responded to BBB's inquiries, I have never received a refund which, if it were money I owed verizon would be incurring $30/mo late fees. It seems that Verizon falls flat in dealing with past custormers funds based on the little amount of reading I've done in these forums. It's too bad, I really liked the services, and I would love to use Verizon's wireless, but I can't see myself signing up for anything related to Verizon while they still owe me that much money. Any advice from anyone out there on how to escalate this? I've been told several times by agents in Financial Services that I can't escalate this. It is almost laughably absurd at this point. I do think this post is worth sharing on Facebook though!

Would love some help....

Re: No Refunds, Ever....
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dkutzkey,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.