No link to Upload Proof of Residency (moving)
KG110
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving and need to upload a proof of residency.  I've clicked everything in the app and in my account and there is no place to upload any document. Further, I called in and got a fax number, but that fax number doesn't work (I have the correct number, I've searched it and it's a fax number at verizon corporate). Finally, I sent a fax to the number included in the email, and yet, I continue to get the emails telling me I need to upload proof of residency. 

I need to move next week-- and I am at a loss what to do?

Re: No link to Upload Proof of Residency (moving)
jonjones1
Legend

Go to a Verizon Fios Corporate store location (not a reseller) and bring proof with you of your old address and your new address. They should be able to assist you.

its a shame this company makes everything so difficult to do. 

QZ3
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the same issue. However, how can I find a corporate store rather than a retailer? I called a local store and they tell me to go to another "much bigger store". When I arrived after 3o minutes of driving, the guy just gives me a card with the 800-number and let me call that number. This is so ridiculous.
jonjones1
Legend

@QZ wrote:
I have the same issue. However, how can I find a corporate store rather than a retailer? I called a local store and they tell me to go to another "much bigger store". When I arrived after 3o minutes of driving, the guy just gives me a card with the 800-number and let me call that number. This is so ridiculous.

In my location in NY Verizon has only one Fios retail location. They have numerous wireless corporate stores. Normally you can google Verizon Fios Corporate locations with your zip code. I know they don’t make it easy.

dont give up. Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Where do I upload Proof of Residency
aghandler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recieved an email after getting of the phone with fios (I am moving and need to transfer my service), with the subject "Take action to complete your order ":

"The fastest and easiest way to provide us with this information is to first make sure you're registered, and then sign in to the My Fios app or the My Verizon page. Select Upload proof of residency"

I looked all over the app and My Verizon and do not see a button or link for that anywhere. Has anyone had success with finding this? The only solutions I've seen in other posts is to physically go into a verizon store.

Re: Where do I upload Proof of Residency
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try contacting support via twitter @verizonsupport.

I have found them to be quite helpful.

Not quite real time but pretty responsive.

NedLeonard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll say it's a shame . . . especially when they tell you to do it and do it and do it, and don't provide the means. This is an absurdity.

tameware
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now it is September 2019, 14 months later, and the problem remains. Why would a company send an email saying

The fastest and easiest way to provide us with this information is to first make sure you're registered, and then sign in to the My Fios app or the My Verizon page. Select Upload proof of residency to upload any of the requested documents.

when there is no such link on the My Verizon page? It boggles the mind. Is Verizon so overwhelmed with customers that it doesn't want any more of us? And what is the value of a support forum if it provides no support?

How to submit proof of residency
Maru1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all, I recieved an email stating that I had to submit proof of residency, it says:

"Thanks for recently placing an order with Verizon. Another customer is currently receiving service at the address you provided. Before we can complete your order, we will need to arrange to have their services disconnected. 

To expedite this process, please provide us with one of the following:

• Real Estate Purchase Agreement or Sales Contract*
  • Property Deed or Title*
  • Mortgage Billing Statement*
  • Lease or Rental Agreement*
  • Utility Bill

The fastest and easiest way to provide us with this information is to first make sure you're registered, and then sign in to the My Fios app or the My Verizon page. Select Upload proof of residency to upload any of the requested documents."

But when I go to My Verizon page, there is no option anywhere to "upload proof of residency." Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

jonjones1
Legend

This is a customer helping customers forum for the most part. 
call 1-800-VERIZON and have them give you a fax number. You could also go to a verizon fios corporate store location and have them access your account and then update your account as received.