No respect for existing customers renewal
bobbyrex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its like rubbing salt on an open wound whenever I see a tv commercial or get a mailer with Verizon offers, but here I am, a customer for decades, and Verizon will not budge to keep me a customer.  They leave me no alternative but to switch when contract expires.  No wonder savy customers are cutting the cord in droves or switching service.  

0 Likes
Re: No respect for existing customers renewal
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most service providers offer better deals to new customers vs existing.
They know that most people don't switch once connected.

Yes, streaming is a new competitor.

But they may change their practices as well when time goes one given all of the competition.
Or you will have to sign up for multiple streaming services as many content providers are launching their own services.

0 Likes
Re: No respect for existing customers renewal
jonjones1
Legend

@bobbyrex wrote:

Its like rubbing salt on an open wound whenever I see a tv commercial or get a mailer with Verizon offers, but here I am, a customer for decades, and Verizon will not budge to keep me a customer.  They leave me no alternative but to switch when contract expires.  No wonder savy customers are cutting the cord in droves or switching service.  

It us unfortunate this happens. Most of my neighbors have dropped fios and went back to cable. Prices were raised and raised. Most my neighbors are older retired people like myself. My neighbor down the street called me Saturday and said come down the street and “watch this verizon fios door to door salesman” try to get me back.

i went down and my neighbor kept telling the guy to get off his property he was not interested ever again. Funny the service at my neighbors was great, he loved it but after his two years the prices went up and up. Oh well 

0 Likes