ON-DEMAND MAINTENANCE? EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?!!
FiOStech75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Three Saturday nights in a row Ive notived on-demand stops working? Wouldnt it make SENSE to push this out to the middle of the night? I just cant comprehend the timing of this happening. [VOD_126]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ON-DEMAND MAINTENANCE? EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?!!
nascar
Master - Level 1

I had a VOD_120 and thought it was only me.

0 Likes
DocBrooks

These are geeks. They think you must adhere to their rules. Good customer service would require a supervisor with enough sense to write a program that would determine the time that VOD is used the least, and schedule maintenance for that time.

If the demand were so great that their was no convenient time, THEN INSTALL A SYSTEM THAT REQUIRES NO DOWN TIME. The Microsoft Nazi's have convinced everyone that down time is necessary. When using Unix/Linux systems, Down Time can be done on other machines while the primary system continues to run. This would allow for constant updates without any scheduled DOWNTIME.

Call me if you don't know how to make this happen. Doc

0 Likes
Nottechsavy1

I thought maybe I was accessing VOD wrong or something.  Seems everytime I want to watch a TV show or Movie on Demand I get this notice to try later because it is not working now.  And it doesn't seem to matter what time of day.  I've tried on weekends after 10PM, evenings after 12 Midnight.  Why can't Verizon just give us a time or notification when they will be doing whatever it is they are doing to the system.  It would really help. 

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in the Tampa Bay area, and the same thing happens to me.  Any weekend night after 11pm when II want to watch a movie On Demand, I get the try again later and video error number.  Nobody has been able to explain why this is happening for weeks.  What is going on at Verizon?

0 Likes