Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

ONT BATTERY

ps3
Contributor

ONT BATTERY

Message 1 of 4 (7,403 Views)

oKAY, i AM READY TO GO BACK TO OPTIMUM.. THE ONT IS BEEPING AND BEEPING..CALLED TECH SUPPORT AND ADVISED HAVE HAD FIOS 1 1/2 YEARS THEY SAY I NEED A NEW BATTERY AND TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER. IF IT HAD BEEN UNDER A YEAR THEY WOULD HAVE REPLACED IT FREE. CALLED THE NEW NUMBER AND THEY WANT $46.00 AND $10.00 TO SHIP THIS TO ME. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS? i IMMEDIATELY CALLED EVERYONE I KNOW WHO HAS THE FIOS TO INFORM THEM OF WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT..SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING GO BACK TO WHERE I STARTED WITH OPTIMUM, IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHO CAN AFFORT TO SPEND $56.00 EVERY 1 1/2 YEARS. ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

3 REPLIES
Bronze Contributor II

Re: ONT BATTERY

Message 2 of 4 (7,384 Views)

Hi, you don't have to purchase the battery online. You can go to any store like Radio Shack and purchase one for much cheaper.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
ps3
Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (7,370 Views)

UNFORTUNATELY I TRIED THAT ALSO, BUT SINCE THIS IS A 12 VOLT THAT DON'T CARRY THEM

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I DO APPRECIATE IT

Gold Contributor VI

Message 4 of 4 (7,372 Views)

countrypfs wrote:

ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

Where online were you looking? Maybe you could purchase the battery from one of those places.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios