OUTGOING EMAILS BLOCKED- I'M LISTED AS SPAMMER
stan5409
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm unable to send emails although I can receive them. Spent  almost an hour with the chat support line to finally be informed I'm on a spam list as a spammer. I told them I only email to those I know and have had no complaints and receive emails from everyone I email to. The support person informed me that just one person couldn't get me on the list. This is some faulty system used by Verizon and the emails are not investigated or checked. Meanwhile they had me fill out a form and hopefully I'll be able to use my outlook again. It could take days and it has already. The small print on the form I filled out said it's not even a guarantee I'll get the email service back. This is very disrupting and I wonder if others are experiencing this. I'm shopping for another service while I wait.

0 Likes
Re: OUTGOING EMAILS BLOCKED- I'M LISTED AS SPAMMER
DMZ
Get a generic email address that can be POP3'd into Outlook or Outlook Express like gmail or hotmail and STOP relying on Verizon.  This is also important in case you ever stop being a Verizon customer as you'd wind up loosing your Verizon email account in the process.
Message Edited by DMZ on 02-27-2009 09:53 AM
Message Edited by DMZ on 02-27-2009 09:54 AM
0 Likes
Re: OUTGOING EMAILS BLOCKED- I'M LISTED AS SPAMMER
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What is the specific error message you are getting? Is it just an error that comes up, or are you getting a Delivery Failure notification?

The steps to solving the problem depend on where the block is originating.

0 Likes