Obnoxious Service Reps
Jharris2
I just was witness to the WORST customer service experience I've ever seen. At 8:15 pm on Sunday night, a Verizon rep knocked on my friend's door. She had company, more than just me, but was still polite as he asked her if she wanted Verizon service, how much she is paying for Comcast, etc. She answered everything, and then asked if there was an available time to talk when she doesn't have company. He immediately got nasty with her, saying that was the first time today he had anyone not want to talk to him, and that he is just doing his job.<br>She continued, in a very polite tone, and said she wasn't getting an attitude, and didn't appreciate his taking one with her, but that she has company and now is not a good time. He turned away and started knocking on her neighbors door. I went to call Verizon to ask why they have people coming to residences at 8:15 on a Sunday night, and it turns out there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE that late.<br>All the more reason we'll be staying away from Verizon services forever.
0 Likes
Re: Obnoxious Service Reps
prisaz
Legend

@Jharris wrote:
I just was witness to the WORST customer service experience I've ever seen. At 8:15 pm on Sunday night, a Verizon rep knocked on my friend's door. She had company, more than just me, but was still polite as he asked her if she wanted Verizon service, how much she is paying for Comcast, etc. She answered everything, and then asked if there was an available time to talk when she doesn't have company. He immediately got nasty with her, saying that was the first time today he had anyone not want to talk to him, and that he is just doing his job.<br>She continued, in a very polite tone, and said she wasn't getting an attitude, and didn't appreciate his taking one with her, but that she has company and now is not a good time. He turned away and started knocking on her neighbors door. I went to call Verizon to ask why they have people coming to residences at 8:15 on a Sunday night, and it turns out there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE that late.<br>All the more reason we'll be staying away from Verizon services forever.

I would say it is someone pushing Verizon services in hopes to get a commission. You should not let this reflect poorly on Verizon. Like you found their offices are not open that late. You will find tech support 24/7. I would have asked to see some identification before I answered any questions, and still at that point I would have been reluctant to tell them anything. Really what you pay is no ones business, and they should just offer what they have. Yes it would have upset me also. I politely turn people away that come to my door. If I want something I will look for it. It is a shame that you were so bothered, by someone that I am sure is not employed by Verizon.

MiladyDoyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Those guys really are not employees of Verizon they are independent sales guys working on commission. You have to make sure if you ever sign up to make sure you keep a copy of the contract. 2 years ago we signed up just for the internet, had my copy in hand that showed this. Next thing we knew we had a bill for Phone service as well. Somewhere along the way someone drop the ball, it took me a year to straighten it out and only because I  wrote the FCC did I finely get someone to listen. Then this past Labor day weekend we decided to go for a bundle. I will not go though the whole mess, but the Fios TV was put in on the 8th, but went bonkers one hour later. The time they were suppose to come out was between 8:30 and 12:00 noon ,but they failed to show, no calls were made to us. It took me about an hour on the phone and about 6 reps to find out what happened, they finely came back and said they are over whelmed with installs and will not be out till around 4:30. When I asked why did they not call us to give us an update on them not being able to come at the appointed time. I then basically was told I was a **bleep**! I wasn't mad when I called was just wondering what was up. I was told on no uncertain terms did they ever call if they were late, I said mam in the past you  did call, she said , I think you must be  making this up or maybe Comcast did this, but we do not have time to stop what we are doing just to pacify you!!!!  Oh it gets worse. We have two different phone lines in our house one copper line that Fios had severed a year before  ,the one we did not order and took amost a year to get it back to copper., and then we had a cable line from comcast. They had different phone numbers. They were suppose to be up and running on the 8th. The FIO lineman was going to put it in, but was given the wrong phone to put it in. So he could not touch it until I recalled in and scheduled for another visit. So I did after he left. I told the service rep what he said and that he said all that was needed was for me to get a new phone number as I wanted a unlisted one, and that he had already wired it So no truck had to come out to do the job as all was set to go. Well the lady on the phone must have been in a fight with the person before me ,because she lit into me without warning and said there is no way he told you that, no way.She went on yo say, I have worked here for 6 years and I know that he would not do that, she said I have no idea what you are trying to pull, but I can assure you, we do not work that way. I said mam, I am only coveying to you what he said. He brought this up to me, I did not ask. He had decided that since that line was going to be a fiber line, he could save me and verizon the cost and time and do the job ahead of time. He was only being helpful. He wanted me to pass this on. ...She again basically told me I was full of **bleep**! I Have no idea how, but I did not lose it, I stayed calm, but when she was finished with the order, I did say, that I didn't appreciate the condescending way she treated me, She said she was not condescending, I said oh I beg to differ, I said there is no need to be rude as I have not been rude to her and I expect her to treat me in the same manor as I treated her.

She said Well I do not feel I was rude, but I have a feeling when this order gets messed up because you are telling me to put the order in the way you did, I will be the one blamed for this mess, as you will tell them when you call I did this. I said mam I would not do that. I am honest. I would have no reason to blame you for anything that goes wrong. I said apparently this has happened in the past, so now your on the defensive. I understand why you have reacted this way, but my advice to you, is to treat each customer as a  individuals. Not as ALL customers are out to give me heck. I said While I understand the pressures you all face with this job, you must try to understand our view point as well. By the time we get to you, we have been on the phone pushing buttons for at least 10 minutes before we get a rep, then when we do, they may have to transfuse us to someone else as Copper cannot help Fios and vice versa and the frustrating thing for all of us is that you both cannot see what the other side is doing on their screen or what we talked about, so everyrtime we call back, we have to start ALL over again. At any rate the phone was out until Saturday afternoon, there were other mess ups before they came but this is already way too long, But as I look at my contract with Verizon, I think I will have another 30 hour battle, as they have billed me for one of the items I was to receive free of charge for one year,.LORD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL..LOL!

MiladyDoyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh I just wanted to add, that most of the Customer reps were really great, there were only two that had an attitude.Also it should be noted, the guys in the field are well .....OUT STANDING in their field! LOL .They were really very kind and worked their behinds off. The only real complaint out of it all and I am sure the customer reps feel the same, is the lack of integration of all of their departments. It would go a long way for Verizon to at least allow their people to have access to all of the information on one screen and not be basically blind to what Copper said to Fiber. It would save Verizon hundred of thousands of dollars each year to integrate the PC's information. Because the cost of rolling a truck out per household must be big bucks.  I ended up having 4 trucks in 8 days out here. I already had the Fiber in ground from 2 years ago, so only 2 trucks should have been the most that should have been here over these 8 days.

PatBrooks

In regards to c.s reps. You never know what you will get. I have talked to many people and they do say that with all the free phone services available out there that Verizon rests on its laurels.  And they are way too expensive for basic services, just to keep a landline its at least $80+  w/tax and all. I get mad because they bill me for the wrong stuff and they promised it would be in my plans but its not. I really wish people would band together on their lack there of and boycott them. I had MCI billing me for years for $40 that was not mine. MCI tried to sell me long distance and I refused many times. How can you have long distance on a cell phone for Sprint? I kept telling them I never ordered it. So Verizon buys MCI and makes me pay it after 7 yrs because they can restrict my service..because they can No service rep would believe me nor help. So I should have left them even though I have had the same account for 70 yrs! They even billed me for my bought phones as a monthly rental once a month, which took me years to straighten out and get re-embursed while I kept paying it., because of the divestiture from ATT. Well we all still pay the USF which is a throwback to the Pres was of taxing the rich for the war at the time. YET it is still there and was challenged recently , but it is still there until challenged again. Look it up UNIVERSAL SERVICE FEE on the net!. They will probably change the name to hide it now. But I do say that their C.S is not what it was.

0 Likes