Online customer service
null

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I have to pose a question. 

If online support can't make basic changes to customers accounts then how are they supposed to "support" the account?

The definition of support being "To provide for or maintain."  Giving someone the task of supporting while robbing them of the tools they need to do their job is like giving soldiers a rifle with no bullets.

Now I understand red is the favorite color of verizon, but there is no reason to go that far my technical comrads.

Also, support over the phone, dear lord, it takes so long for them to pull up things in the system that my leg fell asleep waiting...  2 months to do a simple change on my account, and it's still in progress.

You need a decent ticket management system, need to learn about distributed database technologies, and build out some process flow if you are going to run a company.

I am saddened and deeply concerned at the technical flow within' the support and account managment side of verizon, thank god the internet service hasn't seemed to suffer from the same problems so far.

0 Likes
Re: Online customer service
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

That depends on what you are referring to as a "basic change" - Tech Support cannot make any changes to your billing, whether over the phone or via chat. They do have several other tools available to help, but if you are trying to change anything related to billing, online chat (tech support) is the wrong department.

0 Likes