Ordered Bundle With Existing Service
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the phone + internet bundle for 69 / mo. The offer includes a free laptop or Flip camera. When I ordered online, it did not give me the option to choose which free gift I wanted. So I called, and Verizon verified my order, etc. but they said they could not guarantee that I would receive the free gift because I was an existing customer. So then transferred me over to the E center whatever and I have been transferred 4 times now, every time someone comes on, I state my issue and they say "ok hold on and i'll get that taken care of" then I'm on hold forever. What the heck?

Anyone else deal with this? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered Bundle With Existing Service
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well turns out the gift was only for NEW customers not existing customers, which of course they don't specify on the website. LAME. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is amazing, i finally got someone else on the line and they said I called the wrong number and they gave me the first number i called! GRRRRRRRRRRR
0 Likes
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2
OMG now the guy at the other number I was transfered to said there is an ERROR on my order and I may need to cancel it but he is transferring me to the online department to ask them why. This is insane!
0 Likes
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well turns out the gift was only for NEW customers not existing customers, which of course they don't specify on the website. LAME. 
0 Likes
debbie1061
I know for a fact that somebody did get the mini notebook and had existing service.  She had to disconnect for a couple of months and when she reconnected they offered her the the other gift.  I told her about the the notebook and she called and is getting that instead.  I wanted to add direct tv to my existing service.  I cannot get direct tv added, because I have direct already but in a different name than my verizon account.  Still if I add the direct tv. I get nothing, not even the better price.  I feel all of this is unfair.  If another service was offered I would most difinitely change service.  I had thought I already had the bundle on my internet and telephone and did not.  When I did finally get them bundled, I got no free gift.  Seems as if loyal customers would be offered some type of incentive..
0 Likes
johnson2885
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yeah, existing customers should be treated even better than new customers IMO.