Ordered wrong replacement remote and need to return it
ytfalcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the In-Home Agent, I ordered the incorrect/wrong remote. When I got the remote and try to program it, it now does not work correctly or may be defective. I used the code for my TV and it seemed to work okay at first; however later all it would do is go to 333 when typing the channel and then to the FIOS (help) channel, then back to 333 and kept repeating this over and over again. I finally took the battery out. I let the remote "rest" for about an hour, put the battery back in, try to change the channel and it did the same thing...333, then FIOS channel.

I inquired how to return it with a Verizon/FIOS representative and was told how to return the remote, which I had check out prior to contacting them. No where that I could find gave you information on how to return the remote...only the set top boxes. I was afraid to try any more for fear I would mess up my account  with the "accidental" return of equipment I don't need to return.

It would be helpful if Verizon/Fios would have a simpler way to return the remote and not have me running in circles on the website or not get this information from a representative who takes me to the same place...and I still have no answers.

Can I please get the address or find out if I can go to the Verizon Fios store to exchange the remote for the correct one and NOT go around in circles.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered wrong replacement remote and need to return it
ytfalcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

We did check with another remote when the replacement acted up and it worked fine. Thank you for this information (from both of your messages). We do have the older remote as you show in the other message. I will go ahead and re-order another of the newer model and hopefully will not replicate the "333" and "FIOS channel"

Thank you so much for your help.  

Happy New Year!

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

FiOS only sends out one remote control these days.  It's the TWO button one showed here and you can generally get it for free from any customer service rep.  they send these out like they are going out of style.

Verizon P265 Remote Control

the OTHER remote is a different story. 

if you want their older 4 model remote then you have to buy it, fortunately it's only 6 bux,   but they don't send out the 4 button universal anymore using the in home agent or by calling into customer service.   customer service and the in home agent will only send out the two button remote shown above.  

Figure depicting the Philips RC1445302 Remote Control

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Keep in mind the two button remote is FREE and they don't require that you send the old one back,  just throw it away.

make sure it's the remote though, bring a 2nd remote from one of the other rooms, and try changing channels, make sure it changes channels just fine.   You would probably hate to wait upto a week and get a new remote, program it, only to find out that it's not the remote at all. 

let us know if it does the same thing on a 2nd remote control   there is a fix for that. 

0 Likes
ytfalcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

We did check with another remote when the replacement acted up and it worked fine. Thank you for this information (from both of your messages). We do have the older remote as you show in the other message. I will go ahead and re-order another of the newer model and hopefully will not replicate the "333" and "FIOS channel"

Thank you so much for your help.  

Happy New Year!