Outlook Group Account problem
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I have been tryiing to correct this myself, but just can't seem to figure it out. I recently had to redo my Outlook settings because I messed them up somehow and now I have a Group Account that contains my email as well as my regular email account. I'm not geting duplicate emails, but the send/receive setting now show that instead of having 1 incoming and 1 outgoing, I have 2. I must have inadvertantly added my email address twice and created a group account by mistake. I have tried to edit the Group account settings but it said "You can't delete this account." Does anyone know how I can get rid of the Group account in my Outlook settings and just go back to having one account? Thanks in advance. (BTW--I'm not the most advanced computer-capable person.)

0 Likes
Re: Outlook Group Account problem
VZ_Erik
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey There!

I think the best thing to do for this situation is start over, which I see you have tried to do. As to why you cannot delete the account, you might have to add a new group/account before you can delete the only one left. Make the new group with accounts the correct way, once made delete the bad one, let me know if this works! Smiley Happy

0 Likes