Overhead verizon lines
TT210

I am moving my house and will need to have the overhead phone lines moved out of the way to move the house.  Who at Verizon do I contact to find the cost to move the lines?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overhead verizon lines
jonjones1
Legend

@TT2wrote:

I am moving my house and will need to have the overhead phone lines moved out of the way to move the house.  Who at Verizon do I contact to find the cost to move the lines?

1-800-VERIZON however there should be no cost to you since it is a pole that needs to be moved due to construction. It’s verizons cost of doing business. Check with your state public service or utilities commission if in doubt. Also make sure it is a Verizon pole.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

@TT2wrote:

1-800-VERIZON however there should be no cost to you since it is a pole that needs to be moved due to construction. It’s verizons cost of doing business. Check with your state public service or utilities commission if in doubt. Also make sure it is a Verizon pole.

Be careful about stating what verizon should and shouldn't charge for.

Verizon gets to charge for whatever their TOCs allow for.

So unless you can point to a specific clause that says verizon will move poles and lines for free, then it is just your opinion.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

@jonjoneswrote:

@TT2wrote:

Be careful about stating what verizon should and shouldn't charge for.

Verizon gets to charge for whatever their TOCs allow for.

So unless you can point to a specific clause that says verizon will move poles and lines for free, then it is just your opinion.

If we are paying a “NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge “ you can bet your bottom dollar on it will or better be absolutely free. Verizon collecting billions of bogus money from NY residents does not cost a billion dollars to move a pole.

And I already gave you a link to that provision previously.

0 Likes
TT210

I did finally contact someone regarding moving the lines. ( it was not an easy task) They will send a team out to give an estimate on the cost.  It is not free.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TT2wrote:

I did finally contact someone regarding moving the lines. ( it was not an easy task) They will send a team out to give an estimate on the cost.  It is not free.

Like I was saying “why would they charge a bogus surcharge to remove or move poles and get a gazillion dollars” and then charge a customer. If you are in NY I would recommend you tell them about that surcharge. 

If not in NY I hope your state has a consumer protection board.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because their filing explicitly stated that the charge was being levied to offset costs of moving poles due to municipal road construction.

This has nothing to do with road construction.

You may not like it, but they, like most other companies, always want someone to pay for unexpected costs. Municipalities won't pay pay when doing road construction.

Customers are requesting a move on their choice.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

Because their filing explicitly stated that the charge was being levied to offset costs of moving poles due to municipal road construction.

This has nothing to do with road construction.

You may not like it, but they, like most other companies, always want someone to pay for unexpected costs. Municipalities won't pay pay when doing road construction.

Customers are requesting a move on their choice.

Yes it has nothing to do with road construction. I can agree on that. But don’t ever think Verizon collecting a billion dollars or more for this purpose because they are not regulated fir fiber is doing the right thing.

as the PSC stated when Verizon first asked for that surcharge. It is a cost of doing business. So let’s rip off customers for a gazillion dollars to move poles and then don’t do it. Stand back and think about it.

a billion dollars plus collected to offset what. A couple hundred telephone poles. You cannot be that blind. It’s a shame fee placed on the consumers. Now sit back and tell me what is the number to call after getting all those billions to get a pole moved? Can’t find it can you. It’s things like this that really irks me. It should also irk you.

when is enough going to be enough? 

0 Likes
MG471

JonJones,

I have a similar issue. I have overhead lines that are not going to my house but are attached to the back of my house that run to several of my neighbors houses.  After a storm, when the lines were sagging, I asked the lineman who I should call to get them removed or remounted and he said that I should call the emergency number and added that a new law said that the lines had to be moved but my property had been grandfathered. When I called the emergency number, I was told that it wasn’t an emergency and the call was dropped or I was hung up on. Not sure where to go with this. Two separate lines cross and make an x in the middle of my back yard which is unsightly prevent me from having friends over on my deck. 

Any help is appreciated. 

MG

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MG47,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes