Re: Personal web space support
RESgrignoli

Get a load of this crap!!!

Actual conversation today.....

Chat Subject:Other Your Question:I want to speak with someone in "Web Support". I want to have the files within my webspace deleted. Again, I wish to have all the "files" within my designated webspace deleted. A Verizon eCenter Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you. Agent Heather has joined. (16:37:53) Heather : Chat ID for this session is 11041134310. (16:37:53) Heather(16:37:58)Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our chat service. I will be happy to help you today. Heather(16:38:13)Sure I can get you over to support. Is this DSL or FiOS? Richard {edited for privacy}(16:38:20): FiOS Heather(16:38:30)One moment please. This session is being transferred. (16:38:40)

16:49:50 Estimated wait time is 2 mins 2 secs. We apologize for the delay. You are next in the queue. A representative will be with you shortly.

This session is transferred to Reginald. (16:50:00) Agent Reginald has joined. (16:50:00) Reginald(16:50:10)Thank you for using Verizon FiOS Technical Support. I apologize for any delays in reaching an agent today. 
My name is Reggie, for security purposes please post the name and address on the account as well as a good can be reached telephone number. Please also post a good email address so I can send you some Verizon information at the end of this call.
Richard {edited for privacy}(16:50:24): Richard {edited for privacy} Richard {edited for privacy}(16:50:30): {edited for privacy} Richard {edited for privacy}(16:50:36): {edited for privacy} Richard {edited for privacy}(16:50:43):{edited for privacy} (home) Richard {edited for privacy}(16:50:57): {edited for privacy} Richard {edited for privacy}(16:51:10): Richard@{edited for privacy}.net Reginald(16:51:25)Richard, Do you have a business account? Richard {edited for privacy}(16:51:33): no business account Richard {edited for privacy}(16:51:38): only residential Reginald(16:54:18)I'm sorry but we don't have direct web support for residential customers, the only support is the help site on the mysite.verizon.net site or you can call 1-888-553-1555 Richard {edited for privacy}(16:55:15): So you are telling me that you are unable to delete files from my webspace since you took away that capability myself when you took away FTP access? Richard {edited for privacy}(16:55:56): is that number a direct link to web support? Richard {edited for privacy}(16:56:28): Because the last time I "called" Verizon I got transferred around eleven.....eleven (11) times! Richard {edited for privacy}(16:57:56): I just want my entire website on Verizon deleted...the entire thing... Richard {edited for privacy}(16:58:16): simple task Richard {edited for privacy}(16:58:27): if only I can get connected to the right department Reginald(16:59:47)Sorry, but as I mentioned. we don't have a direct support number for residential business support. Reginald(17:00:02)residential, only business support. Reginald(17:00:22)Thank you and have a nice day. Your session is now closed. Thank you, have a nice day.

Yep, he cut me off like a hot potato!!!  No phone support.  No Live Chat support.  No Forum support.  So, how do we get this deleted, Verizon, HUH???!!!!!

0 Likes
RESgrignoli

@ElizabethS wrote:

Hello RESgrignoli

This is a peer to peer support forum. You cannot get technical assistance here. For that you need to contact Verizon directly.

via live chat or email at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Perhaps one of those options will give you someone you can communicate better with.

No, they didn't.....

Four (4) e-mails exchanged, with absolutely no hope of them "understanding" what I need.

A Live Chat did not work just now.  "Reginald" said I was ineligible to have my website deleted because, according to him, they do not DO THAT for "residential" customers.....only "business".

Sheesh!!!

0 Likes
tmt55

Could someone please help me. I need the FTP adress and any thing else I might need to know to upload file for a web page.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@tmt55 wrote:

Could someone please help me. I need the FTP adress and any thing else I might need to know to upload file for a web page.

There is no more FTP access for Verizon's webspace. Hasn't been for quite some time. If you want to have a website on their space, you have to use their Site Builder tool.

0 Likes
gerardl

I have spent two day strying to get help and the run around is great with Verizon. I purchased 500 MB of space. When I go to increase it under allocation, it will not save changes. No one seems to be able to help, just transfers me to other support who says they do not support this, ,,, but they take my money though.. Any suggestes how to SAVE the chanegs before I cancel the space?? 

0 Likes
gerardl

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Cant even read this one

0 Likes