Planned Monopoly by neighborhoods
Loser5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a densely populated suburb of Washington, DC. Verizon offers a landline, with which I could use a 56K modem. With one daughter in college, and another one soon to graduate HS, I was forced to subscribe to Comcast Xfinity. I installed satellite in 1999, when the townhouse was built. The four or so times that my front was partially dug up was for the upgrades of cable to optical fiber. Verizon never even offered high speed on the phone lines. And instead of admitting that they have given the neighborhood business to Comcast, they asked all of my neighbors to sign a consent to have holes cut in their driveways. One neighbor didn't consent to that, and, why should they? I have a 4 ton GVW SUV that I maintain myself, and, my jacks need to be on concrete. To make a long story short, the reason why I can't get acceptable service to my home is that Comcast was first, and Verizon has turned that into my idiotic loss for having had Verizon's phone line, and expecting them to care. My last townhome was in Virginia Beach, Tidewater area of Virginia. I had cable optical fiber in 1992, and everyone in the areas now has a choice of FIOS or Xfinity. The area I live in now should be reported as Fraud, Waste and Abuse.