Please Get Verizon DSL in Pitman, PA, As Soon As Possible.
SoakedLollipop4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know why Verizon said that they will probabaly have DSL available in Pitman, PA by the Fall of 2015. Why can't they get it in sooner. I mean, all the lines are ran on the wooden poles. They come over the mountain from Shamokin, PA, and they spread out into Pitman. Also, the big Verizon boxes that are cemented into the ground on the side of the road are all running, because I can hear the cooling fan running that's in them. My point that I was trying to make with the previous sentence, the one with the Verizon boxes, is that all the equipment has been set up for Verizon and is right there for them to provide DSL Internet. They said they would have it in years ago, back in 2010, but they never did anything concerning the internet since I think (I Think) the winter of 2012, when they installed the big boxes with the temperature outside being below water's freezing point. I'm not sure about the year, but it was a couple (or more) of years ago. Why am I going into detail? It's because there is no other Internet Provider in our area that offers unlimited data. All the other providers are satellite internet providers. Basically, we are a gallon of gas, compared to a nuclear reactor. The nuclear reactor gives off almost unlimited power-which I am comparing power to data, or, in otherwords, Verizon DSL. And the puny gallon of gas, in which it will only get you so far, or, in otherwords, is Satellite Internet. So the reason why everyone here in Pitman, PA wants Verizon DSL is because it has unlimited data, and you can play on Xbox Live with no lag or loss of connection with the Xbox Live server, which all people would have those problems with if they would have Satellite Internet, like us here in Pitman. Also, back in November of 2014, Verizon put up a cell phone tower a quarter mile from my house here in Pitman. They never did anything with it since, they didn't even make it operational, all it is is a tall tower of metal sitting there waiting for Verizon to make its move. So please, EVERYBODY, SEND THIS PARAGRAPH TO A FRIEND, OR SOMEHOW TELL VERIZON TO GET DSL IN PITMAN, PA, QUICK. I AM (and all of Pitman) DYING FOR BETTER INTERNET THAN SATELLITE INTERNET WITH LIMITED DATA. If you guys or ladies at verizon are reading this, please do something about it. I'm begging you. It's very important to me, my family, and the rest of Pitman.

0 Likes
Re: Please Get Verizon DSL in Pitman, PA, As Soon As Possible.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As much as they are not expanding FIOS they are even more unlikely to expand DSL service to new areas.

0 Likes
SoakedLollipop4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know they are not currently expanding dsl, but they already signed a contract or agreement with the town of Pitman that states they would put in dsl. they signed it over 5 years ago. they never got it in. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try contacting someone with your city on the status of their contract.

0 Likes
SoakedLollipop4
Enthusiast - Level 2

My other family member said that the township said that they still are recieving monthly fines that verizon is paying because they didn't get it in.

0 Likes