Please send a special email one month before customer contract expired
Wei20182020

I got my April bill notice email on 5/4/2018. I found the rate increased from $59.99 to $84.99. I called customer service immediately. The rep helped me to sign a new  2-year contract to keep $59.99 rate. But Verizon still charged me $84.99 in April. When I called back, I was told the April bill can't be changed and no credit can't be given and I should call in March, one month before my contract expired. In March email notice (same as all other month notice), it only tells you how much you will be chanrged and no expiration info was mentioned.  If I want to know the expiration info, I have to login to my web account, go to bill/ bill history/download 2018 March statemant and find such info on page 2... very complicated!

I think a lot of customers will be charged high rate for one month in this way even if they sign new contract immediately after they see new high rate.

So please send customer a special email one month before a customer's contract expired. Or at least, add expiration info in the email notice monthly.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Please send a special email one month before customer contract expired
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately the information is on your billing invoice for months before, it states when your discounts end and your end date of any contract if in one.

it is up to us as customers to know your contract end date, and discount end date.

fios is not going to send you email reminders. Just read your monthly invoice.

0 Likes
Wei20182020

I use paperless billing. Every month, I receive a simple email notice just tell me how much I will be charged. Since it is a flat rate, I don't think I need to login to my web account and download statement to check any notices. 

How about Verizon adds contract expiration info to monthly email notice? This is a simple solutinon for Verizon and it is great for every customer who uses paperless billing.

Otherwise, paper billing is better for customers who can't remember when his contract will expired.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It is far simpler to have the customers check their online invoices. Why would a company have to remind you when it’s on the paper and online invoices?

i never ever pay monthly invoices for anything without looking at the invoice.

i do not give Verizon or any company access to my credit cards or bank accounts to just charge anything they please. Never ever use auto pay or paperless billing.

in fact paperless billing saves you nothing. The company still factors in the charges to send your bill. Having it paperless is not a plus.

auto debit is another no no. Yes pay the invoice with a one time payment. But never put it into a company to just take what they please.

it is your responsibility to check the online (paperless invoice) as if you were receiving same each month in the postal mail.

0 Likes