Poor Customer Service- looking to contact corporate!
JC411

I began my Fios journey years ago while caring for elderly family member as well as in my childhood home. On June 14, 2018, I decided to have Fios installed in my own home for the promotional deal of $79.99 bundle for a 2 year agreement. The Fios TV was not used until after July 15th, when moving in began in which my husband and I decided that we did not need the Fios Internet router, of $149.99 and decided to return it. (We were not told we only had 30 days from the point of installation to return any unwanted equipment). When I called Verizon why my account was not credited after mailing back the router, I was told  the router was received a few days too late and I would still be responsible to pay the $149.99, for a piece of unused equipment. After speaking to an agent and a rude Supervisor for over an hour on the phone, she agreed to take off only $75, which I still thought was poor customer service for a new customer.

Following in August 2018, I reached out to customer service as my monthly bills were not matching up and different each month; I could not get a straight answer why, and I was told a billing mistake was made on their end and adjustments would be made.

With the paperless billing, out of site and out mind, I noticed some time later that I was being charged random amounts each month. I am suppose to have a $10/month credit for paperless billing and another $10/month discount for being an employee of NYC. In December 2018, I contacted customer service again to inquire about my billing issue and the possibility of adding a TV channel that my family wanted to watch for the holidays. I was told I could not just add one channel or change my current package without losing other channels, but I could change to Preferred HD TV for $15 more a month for all channels and I could switch back at my convenience. So I decided to upgrade the TV package temporarily.

On February 25, 2019,  I contacted customer service regarding my billing, and the gentlemen on the phone stated he is unsure why my bills are not the same monthly, but I should expect to see my monthly bill to be $148.00/per month. He could not explain and confirm that my two $10/monthly credits have been applied to my account. He also reminded me that I was paying for Preferred HD TV, So after our conversation, I went online and switched back to custom TV Package.

Upon my receipt via email of my changes back to customized TV package, the monthly amount stated $89.99 and not $79.99 from what was prior to my December change, and two year agreement. I contacted customer again as to why there was a discrepancy. After speaking to a representative and a Supervisor, Ms. Barber, I was told that because there was upgraded change in December, I lose my discounted rate of my 2 year agreement of 79.99. I believe this is unfair and poor customer service, as I was not notified if I changed my plan I would automatically lose my promotional rate. I was told by the supervisor that if I am unhappy with their service, I could pay a $245.00 early termination fee. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service- looking to contact corporate!
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service- looking to contact corporate!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JC4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes