Poor customer support
jmelchio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know the entire industry is heading this way, but customer support is non-existent. I exchanged emails with a support rep, but after no resolution, I was told to contact retention department and given a number to call.

1) The number I was given was just the general customer support number. There is no menu entry assigned to retention, so you are left to keep hitting numbers until you get to the right department, and then..

2) I was on hold for 25 minutes before I hung up. No telling how long I would have had to wait, but even 25 minutes is un-acceptable.  If Verizon is making a customer that is considering switching to another carrier wait for that long, then I have no hope of ever getting a response for a small problem.

For what its' worth, I have my cell phone service through the other big carrier, and their customer support is equally as bad.  I think it's time to give the smaller carriers a chance. It certainly can't be any worse.

I expected more from Verizon.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Poor customer support
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmelchio,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

Since we have not heard back from you, we are going to go ahead and close out this private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to create a new post. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
jmelchio
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue I was calling about is resolved, but the wait times on the customer support number are still an issue. 

0 Likes