Poor service
mikeindc

On Janauary 25 I placed an order for bundled service, I previously had a dry line.  I received an email on January 29 saying my request for change had been processed but not saying anything about to what or what the charge would be.  This is typical Verizon. My online account showed that i had phone and internet service, but I was only billed for the internet (which was set up for automatic payment).  I checked several times and it still continued to show that I had phone and internet.  On April 27th I researched a notice in the mail that I was overdue and if I did not pay the back due amount by May 5 my service would be cut off.  This was the first notice I received about this.  Online it showed that I was current.

I called Verizon on April 29, spoke to someone who understood the problem, said she would merge the accounts and would call back.  I never received a call back.

On April 30 I called back, spoke with the rudest person (I am withholding the name since Verizon would probably delete it).  All he cared about was that I was past due and needed to pay my bill.  He could not seem to understand that I had ordered a bundle in January.  He refused to transfer me to a supervisor.  In spite of the fact that I had received an email saying my order had been processed, online showed phone and internet service, that since the actual bill said interent, I should have known that the bill was wrong and contacted Verizon.Never had I ever received anything showing what the monthly amount to be billed would be.  When attempting to place the order on line, it kept failing and each time I was getting a different monthly amount.

Finally he did take it to the supervisor who agreed that the acount should have been merged back in Janaury and said he would take care of it, but I said I still needed to pay the overdue amount or my phone would be cut off.  I told him I had tried to do that once on line and Verizon said the acount was invalid.  he was of no help at all.

I am still waiting for confirmation that the accounts have been merged.

Forwarning, Verizon customer service is terrible, their web site is terrible and making this change was the biggest mistake I have made in a long time.

0 Likes