Pricing
EsJayKay

What sort of business model is it that gives ONLY new customers the best prices?

No matter how long we've had Verizon service (10 years?), the "best" rate offered to us each year is $15 higher than the rate offered to new customers. I am so ready to cancel my service and switch to another provider, if only to get "best" pricing for 2 more years.

When I completed a transaction with Verizon Wireless (very satisfactory, thank you), I was prompted to explore FIOS options. I logged in (or entered my home address, don't recall which), and I was recognized as already having FIOS service.

I was then given the option to explore plans available to me. Three options were presented: prices were $79, $89 and $99 per month. I took a screen shot of the $89 plan [SHOWN BELOW], thinking I would order that, but I wanted to first compare it with what we have currently. Shortly thereafter, the screen was refreshed and I was booted out.

When I logged in again, the best price available was $104/month -- and that was WITH a "bonus" discount! (Or was it a "BOGUS" discount?) I requested a chat, but neither of two agents were able to help me. I even shared the screen shot, but was told, "No, we can't give you that rate -- that was just an ad that you saw." NO, it was NOT an ad. It was a set of choices presented to me AFTER recognizing me as an existing customer.

Now here's the icing on the cake...

When I exited the chat, I was given a survey to complete. "Was your issue resolved with this chat?" When I answered NO, and completed the remaining questions, I was not able to submit the form. I got an error indicating that I had not completed all the required fields, when in fact I HAD! That screen shot is also included. Just for grins, I went back and checked "YES" and lo and behold, the form was submitted!

That's one way to ensure high scores on your customer satisfaction surveys, isn't it?!

0 Likes
Re: Pricing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi EsJayKay,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Pricing
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes