Professionalism
Aventary

If my business promised to do something within 2 days and then did not do it and did not contact the customer to make them aware of the delay, I would not have a customer.

I hope someone from Verizon reads these posts to make the proper people aware of this poor business practice.

Can you hear me?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Professionalism
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What did Verizon promise to do? Has it now been done, or are you still waiting? What service is this related to?

I imagine it will be quite difficult for Verizon to make the proper people aware of this poor business practice with no more information than what you have supplied here.

0 Likes
Aventary

I placed an order for a new telephone and was assured that it would be in on FedEx 2 day service by 7pm.  the order was placed on 9-22-09.  On 9-24-09 at 6:30pm I called Verizon wondering where my order was.  I spoke with a rep who at first could not find my order then told me that my order had not even been set up as of that time due to a back log. She stated that they may get to it in the next day or so.  At no time did anyone say there was a back log or that there was even a chance of a back log. 

Seeing that the elapse time was approaching, I could only assume that I was not even going to get contacted about the delay.

I realize that I am only one person and I could only dream about being as large as your company, but if I were to do something like that to my customers, I would no longer have customers.

The rep could only apologize and really did nothing to help me except make me aware of the kind of company I am dealing with.  I would hope that this practice might be analyzed and somehow a new practice be adopted.

I would suggest that if there are chances of delays, that the customer might be notified in some manner.

I hope this is enough information for you.

Thank you

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I certainly wouldn't refer to Verizon as "my" company. Being a customer in no way implies ownership. I was only saying that for the Verizon employees that ARE looking at the forums, it might be a bit difficult to figure out what happened from the little bit of information in the original post.

As to whether that is enough information to take action from, that would have to be answered by Verizon, not myself.

That being said, I certainly agree that if your order was going to be delayed, someone should have notified you.

0 Likes